August 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Accessible, succinct, and including numerous student-friendly features, this introductory textbook offers an exceptional foundation to the field for those who are coming to it for the first time.
- Provides an ideal first course book in phonology, written by a renowned phonologist
- Developed and tested in the classroom through years of experience and use
- Emphasizes analysis of phonological data, placing this in its scientific context, and explains the relevant methodology
- Guides students through the larger questions of what phonological patterns reveal about language
- Includes numerous course-friendly features, including multi-part exercises and annotated suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter