A Companion to Narrative Theory
June 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
The 35 original essays in A Companion to Narrative Theory constitute the best available introduction to this vital and contested field of humanistic enquiry.
- Comprises 35 original essays written by leading figures in the field
- Includes contributions from pioneers in the field such as Wayne C. Booth, Seymour Chatman, J. Hillis Miller and Gerald Prince
- Represents all the major critical approaches to narrative and investigates and debates the relations between them
- Considers narratives in different disciplines, such as law and medicine
- Features analyses of a variety of media, including film, music, and painting
- Designed to be of interest to specialists, yet accessible to readers with little prior knowledge of the field