A Companion to Asian Art and Architecture
May 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
A Companion to Asian Art and Architecture presents a collection of 26 original essays from top scholars in the field that explore and critically examine various aspects of Asian art and architectural history.
- Brings together top international scholars of Asian art and architecture
- Represents the current state of the field while highlighting the wide range of scholarly approaches to Asian Art
- Features work on Korea and Southeast Asia, two regions often overlooked in a field that is often defined as India-China-Japan
- Explores the influences on Asian art of global and colonial interactions and of the diasporic communities in the US and UK
- Showcases a wide range of topics including imperial commissions, ancient tombs, gardens, monastic spaces, performances, and pilgrimages.