Acta Archaeologica Supplementa VIII: Birth of a World Museum
January 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- A study of The National Museum of Denmark which celebrated its 200 year anniversary in 2007
- Sees a nation in world context, tracing its roots back to C.J. Thomsen's famous collection on Danish prehistory through to the age of science
- T. B. Jakobsen traces this development in great detail and with a high degree of accuracy until 1848, at the dawn of democracy
- An unusual and thought-provoking collection - no other main European museum is documented to such degree
- A study into a highly important aspect of the Danish "Golden Age" of the days of Søren Kierkegaard and Hans Christian Andersen
- Includes comprehensive minutes which hold all information on collection, excavation, conservation, exhibition, economics, studies and visitors