A Companion to the Latin Language
September 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
A Companion to the Latin Language presents a collection of original essays from international scholars that track the development and use of the Latin language from its origins to its modern day usage.
- Brings together contributions from internationally renowned classicists, linguists and Latin language specialists
- Offers, in a single volume, a detailed account of different literary registers of the Latin language
- Explores the social and political contexts of Latin
- Includes new accounts of the Latin language in light of modern linguistic theory
- Supplemented with illustrations covering the development of the Latin alphabet