Indo-European Language and Culture: An Introduction, 2nd Edition
August 2009, ©2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This revised and expanded edition provides a comprehensive overview of comparative Indo-European linguistics and the branches of the Indo-European language family, covering both linguistic and cultural material. Now offering even greater coverage than the first edition, it is the definitive introduction to the field.
- Updated, corrected, and expanded edition, containing new illustrations of selected texts and inscriptions, and text samples with translations and etymological commentary
- Extensively covers individual histories of both ancient and modern languages of the Indo-European family
- Provides an overview of Proto-Indo-European culture, society, and language
- Designed for use in courses, with exercises and suggestions for further reading included in each chapter
- Includes maps, a glossary, a bibliography, and comprehensive word and subject indexes