The JCMS Annual Review of the European Union in 2008
September 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
Contains analytical articles written by leading experts in their respective fields covering political, economic and legal issues
Includes a keynote contribution by EU Commission President José Manuel Barroso
The most up-to-date and authoritative source of information for those engaged in teaching and research or who are simply interested in the European Union
Includes an invaluable guide to EU documents and publications - and the various websites of the EU - together with a chronology of key events
Specially commissioned articles by contributors such as Vivien Schmidt, Milada Anna Vachudova, Lucia Quaglia, Robert Eastwood and Peter Holmes.
2. State of the Union (José Manuel Barroso).
3. Re-Envisioning the European Union (Vivien A. Schmidt).
4. Corruption and Compliance in the EU’s Post-Communist Members and Candidates (Milada Anna Vachudova).
5. The Financial Turmoil and EU Policy Co-operation in 2008 (Lucia Quaglia, Robert Eastwood and Peter Holmes).
6. The Slovenian Presidency (Sabina Kajnc).
7. The French Presidency (Renaud Dehousse and Anand Menon).
8. Institutions and Governance (Desmond Dinan).
9. Greening the Internal Market in a Difficult Economic Climate (David Howarth).
10. Justice and Home Affairs (Jörg Monar).
11. Legal Developments (Michael Dougan).
12. European Union’s Relations with the Wider Europe (Richard G. Whitman and Ana E. Juncos).
13. Relations with the Rest of the World (David Allen and Michael Smith).
14. Developments in the Economies of Member States Outside the Euro Area (Debra Johnson and Colin Turner).
15. Economic Developments in the Euro Area (Amy Verdun).
16. Chronology: The European Union in 2008 (Nicola Corkin).