Gender in History: Global Perspectives, 2nd Edition
July 2010, ©2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Updated with new material to reflect the latest developments in the field, Gender in History: Global Perspectives, 2nd Edition, provides a concise overview of the construction of gender in world cultures from the Paleolithic era to modern times.
- Includes examples drawn from the most recent scholarship relating to a diverse range of cultures, from Ancient Mesopotamia to post-Soviet Russia, and from the Igbo of Nigeria, to the Iroquois of north eastern North America.
- Reflects new developments in the field with added coverage of primates, slavery, colonialism, masculinity, and transgender issues
- Features significant discussion of the Paleolithic and Neolithic periods, an important trend in the study of world history
- Lays out key theoretical and methodological issues in an introduction that is written in accessible language
- Supplementary material for instructors and students available at www.wiley.com/go/wiesnerhanks