The History of English Spelling
September 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
List of Tables.
Abbreviations and Symbols.
Language Periods Referred to in the Text.
1. Introduction and Overview.
2. England and English from the Romans to the Vikings.
3. The Old English Roots of Modern English Spelling.
4. The Decline and Revival of English in the Middle English Period.
5. The Franco-Latin Element.
6. Some Sound and Spelling Developments in Middle and Modern English.
7. The Greek Contribution.
8. The Exotic Input.
9. Reformers, Lexicographers and the Parting of the Ways.
Glossary of Technical Terms.
Word Index Subject and Author Index.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The History of English Spelling (US $36.95)
-and- Teaching English as a Foreign Language For Dummies (US $27.95)
Total List Price: US $64.90
Discounted Price: US $48.67 (Save: US $16.23)