Dictatorship in South America
April 2013, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Dictatorship in South America explores the experiences of Brazilian, Argentine and Chilean experience under military rule.
- Presents a single-volume thematic study that explores experiences with dictatorship as well as their social and historical contexts in Latin America
- Examines at the ideological and economic crossroads that brought Argentina, Brazil and Chile under the thrall of military dictatorship
- Draws on recent historiographical currents from Latin America to read these regimes as radically ideological and inherently unstable
- Makes a close reading of the economic trajectory from dependency to development and democratization and neoliberal reform in language that is accessible to general readers
- Offers a lively and readable narrative that brings popular perspectives to bear on national histories