Catalysis in Asymmetric Synthesis, 2nd Edition
March 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Written from a synthetic organic chemistry perspective, this text provides a practical overview of the field, illustrating a wide range of transformations that can be achieved. The book captures the latest advances in asymmetric catalysis with emphasis placed on non-enzymatic methods.
Topics covered include:
- Reduction of alkenes, ketones and imines
- Nucleophilic addition to carbonyl compounds
- Catalytic carbon-carbon bond forming reactions
- Catalytic reactions involving metal carbenoids
- Conjugate addition reactions
Catalysis in Asymmetric Synthesis bridges the gap between undergraduate and advanced level textbooks and provides a convenient point of entry to the primary literature for the experienced synthetic organic chemist.