Language and Gender: A Reader, 2nd Edition
March 2011, ©2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
The new edition of Language and Gender: A Reader responds to the wealth of research that has shaped the field since its initial publication in 1998. Retaining many of the foundational entries that have made the volume so popular, the second edition has been fully revised, and now includes 23 new articles and two entirely new sections.
- A fully revised new edition of this popular Reader which explores the widening range of language and gender research, both geographically and socially, along with changing theoretical and methodological approaches
- Combines the very latest research with classic works that established the field
- Features 23 new articles spanning 1997-2009 and two new sections on language, gender and sexuality, and the relevance of gender in the analysis of spoken interaction
- Draws on research from all over the world, including Brazil, China, and Japan, as well as North America and Europe
- Discusses a wide range of topics including single and mixed-sex talk; language, gender and power; gendered talk in the public domain; and language, gender and sexuality.
- Includes accessible introductions to each section, which contextualize each entry