Life in the World's Oceans: Diversity, Distribution, and Abundance
October 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Comprising the synthesis and analysis of the results of the Census of Marine Life this most important book brings together the work of around 2000 scientists from 80 nations around the globe.
The book is broadly divided into four sections, covering oceans past, oceans present, oceans future and a final section covering the utilisation of the data which has been gathered, and the coordination and communication of the results.
Edited by Professor Alasdair Mcintyre, Marine Life is a book which should find a place on the shelves of all marine scientists, ecologists, conservation biologists, oceanographers, fisheries scientists and environmental biologists. All universities and research establishments where biological, earth and fisheries science are studied and taught should have copies of this essential book on their shelves.
- A true landmark publication
- One of the most important marine science books ever published
- Contributions from many world leading researchers
- Synthesis of a huge amount of important data
- Represents the culmination of 10 years' research by 2000 scientists from 80 countries