An Introduction to Islam in the 21st Century
March 2013, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This engaging introduction to Islam examines its lived reality, its worldwide presence, and the variety of beliefs and practices encompassed by the religion. The global perspective uniquely captures the diversity of Islam expressed throughout different countries in the present day.
- A comprehensive, multi-disciplinary, and global introduction to Islam, covering its history as well as current issues, experiences, and challenges
- Incorporates key new research on Muslims from a variety of countries across Europe, Latin America, Indonesia, and Malaysia Central Asia
- Directly addresses controversial issues, including political violence and ‘terrorism’, anti-western sentiments, and Islamophobia
- Explores different responses from various Islamic communities to globalizing trends
- Highlights key patterns within Islamic history that shed light upon the origins and evolution of current movements and thought