Evidence-Based Education Policy: What Evidence? What Basis? Whose Policy?
June 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
1. Educational Research and the Practical Judgement of Policy-Makers (David Bridges, Paul Smeyers and Richard Smith).
2. The Importance of Being Thorough: On Systematic Accumulations of ‘What Works’ in Education Research (Alis Oancea and Richard Pring).
3. Educational Research and Policy: Epistemological Considerations (David Bridges and Michael Watts).
4. On the Epistemological Basis of Large-Scale Population Studies and their Educational Use (Paul Smeyers).
5. Epistemology as Ethics in Research and Policy: The Use of Case Studies (John Elliott and Dominik Lukeš).
6. Personal Narratives and Policy: Never the Twain? (Morwenna Griffiths and Gale Macleod)
7. Action Research and Policy (Lorraine Foreman-Peck and Jane Murray).
8. Philosophy as a Basis for Policy and Practice: What Confidence Can We Have in Philosophical Analysis and Argument? (James C. Conroy, Robert A. Davis and Penny Enslin).
9. Proteus Rising: Re-Imagining Educational Research (Richard Smith).