A Companion to Werner Herzog
May 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
A Companion to Werner Herzog showcases over two dozen original scholarly essays examining nearly five decades of filmmaking by one of the most acclaimed and innovative figures in world cinema.
- First collection in twenty years dedicated to examining Herzog’s expansive career
- Features essays by international scholars and Herzog specialists
- Addresses a broad spectrum of the director’s films, from his earliest works such as Signs of Life and Fata Morgana to such recent films as The Bad Lieutenant and Encounters at the End of the World
- Offers creative, innovative approaches guided by film history, art history, and philosophy
- Includes a comprehensive filmography that also features a list of the director’s acting appearances and opera productions
- Explores the director’s engagement with music and the arts, his self-stylization as a global filmmaker, his Bavarian origins, and even his love-hate relationship with the actor Klaus Kinski