The Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics, 10 Volume Set
January 2013, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This ground-breaking reference work, available online or as a 10-volume print set, is a comprehensive resource covering the highly diverse field of applied linguistics.
- Brings together historic and emerging areas of research within applied linguistics
- Combines individual entries ranging from 1,500 to 4,000 words, with longer, essay-style contributions giving a detailed overview of key developments and ideas
- Includes over 1,100 entries written by an international team of scholars from over 40 countries
- Covers 27 key areas of the field, including Language Learning and Teaching, Bilingual and Multilingual Education, Assessment and Testing, Corpus Linguistics, Conversation Analysis, Discourse, Cognitive Second Language Acquisition, Language Policy and Planning, Literacy, and Technology and Language
- Features over 200 entries on the philosophy and history of applied linguistics and biographies of key applied linguists
- Ideal for students, teachers, researchers, and practitioners in the interdisciplinary field of applied linguistics
- Publishing simultaneously in print and online; for further information visit www.encyclopediaofappliedlinguistics.com
Additional features of the online edition (ISBN: 978-1-4051-9843-1):
- Updated twice yearly, to keep the work relevant and cutting-edge
- Incorporates valuable learning tools, such as color photographs and media files
- Powerful searching, browsing, and cross-referencing capabilities, including Open URL linking and an easily-searchable classification system of the project as a whole