A Companion to Sensation Fiction
July 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This comprehensive collection offers a complete introduction to one of the most popular literary forms of the Victorian period, its key authors and works, its major themes, and its lasting legacy.
- Places key authors and novels in their cultural and historical context
- Includes studies of major topics such as race, gender, melodrama, theatre, poetry, realism in fiction, and connections to other art forms
- Contributions from top international scholars approach an important literary genre from a range of perspectives
- Offers both a pre and post-history of the genre to situate it in the larger tradition of Victorian publishing and literature
- Incorporates coverage of traditional research and cutting-edge contemporary scholarship