Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease, 2nd Edition
Trends indicate that the metabolic syndrome will become the leading risk factor for heart disease. Now more than ever you need an all-in-one reference that provides the tools and practical advice you need to:
- Identify at-risk patients
- Explain individual contributing factors
- Aid in patient education and motivation
- Direct comprehensive care and
- Choose the most appropriate interventions
Comprehensively revised to reflect leading-edge research and now organized to facilitate easy access to essential information and clinically-relevant guidance, Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease, 2e offers this and more. Not only will you receive a solid understanding of the pathophysiology underlying the metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease but also the rationale for today’s most effective treatments.
Filled with timely new content, this updated edition covers:
- New discoveries that have changed our understanding of the pathogenesis and interrelationship of metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease (CHD), and type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM)
- The relevance of mitochondria and telomeres
- Sleep and its impact on cardiometabolic health
- The pivotal interplay between insulin and forkhead transcriptionfactors
- Calorie restriction research
- Bariatric surgery experiences and outcomes
In addition, each chapter includes essential information on comorbidities, interventions, and pharmacotherapeutic options – an exclusive feature found only in the second edition!