Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease, 2nd Edition
October 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Trends indicate that the metabolic syndrome will become the leading risk factor for heart disease. Now more than ever you need an all-in-one reference that provides the tools and practical advice you need to:
- Identify at-risk patients
- Explain individual contributing factors
- Aid in patient education and motivation
- Direct comprehensive care and
- Choose the most appropriate interventions
Comprehensively revised to reflect leading-edge research and now organized to facilitate easy access to essential information and clinically-relevant guidance, Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease, 2e offers this and more. Not only will you receive a solid understanding of the pathophysiology underlying the metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease but also the rationale for today’s most effective treatments.
Filled with timely new content, this updated edition covers:
- New discoveries that have changed our understanding of the pathogenesis and interrelationship of metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease (CHD), and type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM)
- The relevance of mitochondria and telomeres
- Sleep and its impact on cardiometabolic health
- The pivotal interplay between insulin and forkhead transcriptionfactors
- Calorie restriction research
- Bariatric surgery experiences and outcomes
In addition, each chapter includes essential information on comorbidities, interventions, and pharmacotherapeutic options – an exclusive feature found only in the second edition!