The Politics of Possession: Property, Authority, and Access to Natural Resources
January 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- Includes some of the latest theoretical work on the dynamics of access and property and how they are joined to questions of power and authority
- Explores how access to resources is often contested and rife with conflict, particularly in post-colonial and post-socialist countries
- Offers a thought-provoking approach to the study of everyday processes of state formation
- Shows how the process of seeking authorization for property claims works to legitimize the authorizers, and the efforts undertaken by politico-legal institutions to gain legitimacy underpin and undermine various claims of access and property
- Contributors explore from a wide empirical compass of original research spanning Latin America, Africa, South-East Asia, and Eastern Europe
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Politics of Possession: Property, Authority, and Access to Natural Resources (US $39.95)
-and- Seen, Heard and Counted: Rethinking Care in a Development Context (US $34.95)
Total List Price: US $74.90
Discounted Price: US $56.17 (Save: US $18.73)