The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of Childhood Social Development, 2nd Edition
December 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Introduction by the Editors (Peter K. Smith and Craig Hart).
Part 1 Historical Overview.
1. Historical perspectives on contemporary research in social development (W. Andrew Collins).
Part II Disciplinary Perspectives on Social Development.
2. Behavioral genetics (Alice M. Gregory, Harriet A. Ball, Tanya M. M. Button).
3. Conceptual development and emotion: A neuropsychological perspective (Steven Woltering, Marc D. Lewis).
4. Evolutionary perspectives on social development (David F. Bjorklund, Anthony D. Pellegrini).
5. Historical reframing of childhood (Willem Koops).
6. Cultural psychological perspectives on social development in childhood (Heidi Fung).
7. Sociological perspectives on social development (Gerald Handel).
Part III Ecological Contexts For Social Development.
8. Culture and social development (Xinyin Chen, Janet Chung, Rachel Lechcier-Kimel, and Doran French).
9. The social development of immigrant children: A focus on Asian and Hispanic children in the U.S. (Charissa S.L. Cheah and Christy Yeung).
10. Children's interpersonal skills and school-based relationships (Gary W. Ladd, Becky Kochenderfer-Ladd, Ann-Margret Rydell).
11. Environmental psychology (Christopher Spencer, Kate Gee).
Part IV Child and Contextual Factors in Social Development.
12. Temperament and social development (Ann Sanson, Sheryl A. Hemphill, Bilge Yagmurlu, Sandee McClowry).
13. Children's social development within the socialization context of child care and early childhood education (Carollee Howes).
14. The interplay between parents and peers as socializing influences in children's development (Stephanie M. Reich and Deborah Lowe Vandell).
15. Sex differences in social behavior (Vickie Pasterski, Susan Golombok, and Melissa Hines).
16. Ethnicity, race, and children’s social development (Stephen M. Quintana).
Part V Family Context.
17. Parent-child attachment in early and middle childhood (Laura E. Brumariu and Kathryn A. Kerns).
18. Parent-child relationships and influences (Alan Russell).
19. Sibling relationships in early and middle childhood (Nina Howe, Hildy S. Ross, and Holly Recchia).
Part VI Peer group.
20. Social status among peers: From sociometric attraction to peer acceptance to perceived popularity (Shelley Hymel, Leanna M. Closson, Simona C. S. Caravita, and Tracey Vaillancourt).
21. Social skills and social competence in interactions with peers (Antonius H. N. Cillessen, Amy D. Bellmore).
22. Emotions and social development in childhood (Susanne Denham, Heather Warren, Maria von Salisch, Oana Benga, Jui-Chih Chin, and Elena Geangu).
23. Social withdrawal and shyness (Kenneth H. Rubin, Robert J. Coplan, Julie C. Bowker, and Melissa Menzer).
Part VII Play, cooperation, competition, aggression, bullying.
24. Social play (Thomas G. Power).
25. Cooperation and competition (Barry H. Schneider, Joyce Benenson, Marta Fulop, Mihaly Berkics, and Monica Sandor).
26. Aggression in children (Sarah M. Coyne, David A. Nelson, and Marion Underwood).
27. Bullying (Christina Salmivalli, Katlin Peets, and Ernest V. E. Hodges).
Part VIII Cognition, helping, moral reasoning.
28. Social cognition (Charlie Lewis and Jeremy Carpendale).
29. Prosocial behavior (Joan E.Grusec, Paul Hastings, and Alisa Almas).
30. Children's social and moral reasoning (Charles C. Helwig and Elliot Turiel).
31. Children's understanding of society (Martyn Barrett and Eithne Buchanan-Barrow).
Part IX Intervention and Social Development.
32. Intervening in childhood social development (Mary Ellen Voegler-Lee and Janis B. Kupersmidt ).
33. The development of social competence in children with disabilities (Karen E. Diamond, Hsin-Hui Huang and Elizabeth Steed).
34. Interventions for development of social skills among children in the developing countries (Suman Verma and Rajani Konantambigi).
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of Childhood Social Development, 2nd Edition (US $69.95)
Total List Price: US $121.90
Discounted Price: US $91.42 (Save: US $30.48)