Rebels in Groups: Dissent, Deviance, Difference, and Defiance
January 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
About the Contributors.
1. The Many Faces of Rebels (Jolanda Jetten & Matthew J. Hornsey).
Section I Dissent in Groups:
2. Rogues and Heroes: Finding Value in Dissent (Charlan Nemeth & Jack A. Goncalo).
3. Learning from Conflict (Fabrizio Butera, Céline Darnon, & Gabriel Mugny).
4. From a Current State to a Desired Future: How Compositional Changes Affect Dissent and Motivation in Work Groups (Floor Rink & Naomi Ellemers).
5. Minority Influence in Interacting Groups: The Impact of Newcomers (John M. Levine & Hoon-Seok Choi).
Section II Deviance in Groups:
6. Questions about leopards and spots: Evaluating deviance against a backdrop of threats to collective success (Thomas A. Morton).
7. Debating deviance: Responding to Those who Fall from Grace (Jolanda Jetten, Aarti Iyer, Paul Hutchison, & Matthew J. Hornsey).
8. Children’s Understanding of Deviance and Group Dynamics: The Development of Subjective Group Dynamics (Dominic Abrams & Adam Rutland).
9. Impostors Within Groups: The Psychology of Claiming to be Something You Are Not (Matthew J. Hornsey & Jolanda Jetten).
Section III Difference in Groups:
10. Groups in Transition: Differences in the Context of Social Change (Radmila Prislin, Cory Davenport, & John Michalak).
11. The Independence Paradox (Jessica Salvatore & Deborah Prentice).
12. Explaining Differences in Opinion Expressions: Direction Matters (Kimberly Rios Morrison & Dale T. Miller).
13. Innovation Credit: When and Why do Group Members Give their Leaders License to Deviate from Group Norms? (Georgina Randsley de Moura, Dominic Abrams, José M. Marques, & Paul Hutchison).
Section IV Defiance in Groups:
14. Reactions to Defiant Deviants: Deliverance or Defensiveness? (Benoît Monin & Kieran O’Connor).
15. The Dissenter’s Dilemma, and a Social Identity Solution (Dominic J. Packer).
16. Integrating Models of Whistle-blowing and Wrongdoing: A Proposal for a New Research Agenda (Janet P. Near & Marcia P. Miceli).
17. Beyond Conformity: Revisiting Classic Studies and Exploring the Dynamics of Resistance (S. Alexander Haslam & Stephen D. Reicher).