The Power of Identity: The Information Age: Economy, Society, and Culture Volume II, 2nd Edition with a New Preface
December 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
In this second volume of The Information Age trilogy, with an extensive new preface following the recent global economic crisis, Manuel Castells deals with the social, political, and cultural dynamics associated with the technological transformation of our societies and with the globalization of the economy.
- Extensive new preface examines how dramatic recent events have transformed the socio-political landscape of our world
- Applies Castells’ hypotheses to contemporary issues such as Al Qaeda and global terrorist networks, American unilateralism and the crisis of political legitimacy throughout the world
- A brilliant account of social, cultural, and political conflict and struggle all over the world
- Analyzes the importance of cultural, religious, and national identity as sources of meaning for people, and its implications for social movement
- Throws new light on the dynamics of global and local change