The JCMS Annual Review of the European Union in 2009
September 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
- Contains analytical articles and keynote contributions written by leading experts in their respective fields covering political, economic and legal issues
- Includes the JCMS Annual Review Lecture, by Kalypso Nicolaidis
- The most up-to-date and authoritative source of information for those engaged in teaching and research or who are simply interested in the European Union
- Includes an invaluable guide to EU documents and publications - and the various websites of the EU - together with a chronology of key events
Wide range of contributors including Lee Miles, Desmond Dinan, James Buckley, David Howarth, Michael Dougan, Richard G. Whitman, David Allen and Michael Smith
1. State of the Union: The Financial Crisis and the ECB’s Response 2007–09 (Jean-Claude Trichet).
2. The JCMS Annual Review Lecture (Kalypso Nicolaïdis).
3. The Appointments of Herman van Rompuy and Catherine Ashton (Tony Barber).
4. The Czech Presidency (Vít Beneš and Jan Karlas).
5. The Swedish Presidency (Lee Miles).
6. Institutions and Governance (Desmond Dinan).
7. Internal Market Gesture Politics? (James Buckley and David Howarth).
8. Justice and Home Affairs (Jörg Monar).
9. Legal Developments (Michael Dougan).
10. Relations with the Wider Europe (Richard G. Whitman and Ana E. Juncos).
11. Relations with the Rest of the World (David Allen and Michael Smith).
12. The EU Economy: The Euro Area in 2009 (Dermot Hodson).
13. The EU Economy: Member States Outside the Euro Area in 2009 (Richard Connolly).
14. Chronology: The European Union in 2009 (Fabian Guy Neuner).