Social Development in Childhood and Adolescence: A Contemporary Reader
August 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- Provides all that is needed for teaching social development with the selection of key topics for a 13-week semester, an introductory chapter with an overview of the field and key questions, introductory text for each of 5 sections that contain 3 articles each for a total of 36 articles, with extra materials including discussion questions and classroom exercises
- Covers key topics such as genetics, temperament, attachment, prosocial development, theory of mind, peer relationships, morality, identity, social withdrawal, aggression, exclusion, stereotyping, parenting, and culture.
- Addresses issues related to culture, ethnicity, immigration, and diversity
- Provides a historical, conceptual, and theoretical overview of social development in the introductory chapter
- Includes introductory sections by the editors for each weekly topic which define key terms and highlights important conceptual issues
- Integrates helpful pedagogical material throughout: feature boxes highlight current hot topics and real-world applications; end-of-chapter questions, debate topics, and in-class exercises facilitate student understanding and classroom discussion
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Social Development in Childhood and Adolescence: A Contemporary Reader (US $109.95)
Total List Price: US $161.90
Discounted Price: US $121.42 (Save: US $40.48)