Examination of the Newborn: An Evidence Based Guide
July 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Avaluable resource for midwives, advanced neonatal nurse practitioners, and health visitors, as well as all other health professionals involved in the examination of the newborn, this text covers:
- Neonatal examination and history taking
- Development of the heart and lungs and transition to extrauterine life.
- Cardiovascular and respiratory assessment of the baby
- Assessment of the neonatal skin and jaundice
- Examination of the eyes head and neck
- Examination of the abdomen and genitalia
- Abnormalities of the lower extremities including developmental dysplasia of the hip
- The dysmorphic infant and common congenital abnormalities
- Behavioural issues
- Professional issues in practice
- Safeguarding Children
Examination of the Newborn provides essential reading for all health care professionals who are continually striving to update their knowledge and contribute to the standardisation of care on a national scale.