Power Performance: Multimedia Storytelling for Journalism and Public Relations
June 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
- Tailors the traditional skills of writing, reporting, and producing to the needs of journalists working in front of the camera
- Includes chapters devoted to the role of the storyteller, reporting the story across multiple platforms, and presenting the story on-camera
- Incorporates profiles of leading multimedia journalists and public relations practitioners
- Addresses the key ethical issues for the profession
- Offers practical advice for putting presentation skills to work
- Storytelling skills covered can be applied to a variety of traditional and new media formats including television news, radio, and podcasts
Foreword by Lester Holt, NBC News/MSNBC.
1 The Role of the Storyteller.
Profile: Brian Williams, NBC News.
Resource: IJPC.org, The Image of the Journalist in Popular Culture.
2 Reporting Stories across Media.
Profile: Linda Hurtado, WFTS-TV.
Profile: Casey Cora, http://oakpark.patch.com.
3 Writing the Story for Print and the Web.
Profile: J.R. Raphael, Contributing Editor, PC World.
Profile: Eric Deggans, St. Petersburg Times and tampabay.com.
4 Video Storytelling on the Air and on the Web.
Profile: Joe Little, KGTV-TV San Diego.
Profile: Jessica Yellin, TV Reporter, CNN.
5 Presenting the Story on Camera, on Air, and Online.
Profile: Poppy Harlow, CNNMoney.com.
Profile: Owen J. Michael, KABC-TV.
6 Practicing Public Relations in a Multimedia World.
Profile: James Lee, Lee Strategy Group.
Profile: Ann Kellan, Intermedia Marketing & Production, Atlanta.
7 Ethical Journalism in Multicultural Media.
Profile: Corey Flintoff, National Public Radio, www.npr.org.
Profile: Frenita Buddy, Hope Channel.
8 Putting Your Skills to Work.
Profile: Kris Van Cleave, WJLA-TV.
Profile: Lila King, Senior Producer, CNN.com.
Terry Anzur is a multimedia journalism educator, international media consultant and multimedia talent coach. In addition to her award-winning TV news reporting and anchoring, she is a freelance journalist in radio, print and online media.
"A clear, thoughtful, tip-filled tour of the unfolding world of multimedia news. Working pros help the authors guide students toward success in these challenging new forms of storytelling."
- Jim Upshaw, University of Oregon
“This book is a valuable resource for students and
professionals alike. Engagingly written, it combines clear
instruction with an impressive synthesis of research and historical
context on this multi-faceted topic.”
- Lee Hood, Loyola University Chicago
Power Performance: Multimedia Storytelling for Journalism and Public Relations (US $96.95)
-and- The World News Prism: Challenges of Digital Communication, 8th Edition (US $43.95)
Total List Price: US $140.90
Discounted Price: US $105.67 (Save: US $35.23)