Wittgenstein: Understanding and Meaning: Volume 1 of an Analytical Commentary on the Philosophical Investigations, Part I: Essays, 2nd Edition
December 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Takes into account much new material that was unavailable when the first edition was written
- Following Baker’s death in 2002, P.M.S. Hacker has rewritten many essays completely
- Part I: Essays now includes two completely new essays: 'Meaning and Use' and 'The Recantation of a Metaphysician'; the essays: ‘The Augustinian Conception of Language’, ‘The Language-Game Method’, ‘Contextual Dicta and Contextual Principles’, ‘Philosophy’, ‘Surveyability and Surveyable Representations’, and ‘Truth and the General Propositional Form’ are redrafted and expanded, incorporating new source materials and new arguments, as well as taking into account debates of the last quarter of a century
- The accompanying Part II: Exegesis §§1-184 - has been thoroughly revised in the light of the electronic publication of Wittgenstein’s Nachlass, and includes many new interpretations of the remarks, a history of the composition of the Philosophical Investigations and an overview of its structure.
- The revisions will ensure that this remains the definitive reference work on Wittgenstein’s masterpiece for the foreseeable future
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Wittgenstein: Understanding and Meaning: Volume 1 of an Analytical Commentary on the Philosophical Investigations, Part I: Essays, 2nd Edition (US $38.95)
-and- Wittgenstein (US $25.95)
Total List Price: US $64.90
Discounted Price: US $48.67 (Save: US $16.23)