Explorations in New Cinema History: Approaches and Case Studies
May 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Includes contributions from Robert Allen, Annette Kuhn, John Sedwick, Mark Jancovich, Peter Sanfield, and Kathryn Fuller-Seeley among others
- Develops the original argument that the social history of cinema-going and of the experience of cinema should take precedence over production- and text-based analyses
- Explores the cinema as a site of social and cultural exchange, including patterns of popularity and taste, the role of individual movie theatres in creating and sustaining their audiences, and the commercial, political and legal aspects of film exhibition and distribution
- Prompts readers to reassess their understanding of key periods of cinema history, opening up cinema studies to long-overdue conversations with other disciplines in the humanities and social sciences
- Presents rigorous empirical research, drawing on digital technology and geospatial information systems to provide illuminating insights in to the uses of cinema
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Explorations in New Cinema History: Approaches and Case Studies (US $48.95)
-and- The Hollywood Romantic Comedy: Conventions, History and Controversies (US $33.95)
Total List Price: US $82.90
Discounted Price: US $62.17 (Save: US $20.73)