Guide to Antimicrobial Use in Animals
January 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Table of Contents.
List of contributors.
1. Principles of Prudent and Rational Antimicrobial Use in Animals: Luca Guardabassi (University of Copenhagen) and Hilde Kruse (National Veterinary Institute Norway).
2. Human Health Risks Associated with Antimicrobial Use in Animals: Lars B. Jensen (Technical University of Denmark), Frederick J. Angulo (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USA), Kåre Mølbak (Statens Serum Institut) and Henrik C. Wegener (Technical University of Denmark).
3. Antimicrobial Resistance Risk Assessment: Emma Snary (Veterinary Laboratories Agency, UK) and Scott McEwen (University of Guelph).
4. Clinical Importance of Antimicrobial Drugs in Human Medicine: Peter Collignon (Australian National University), Patrice Courvalin (Institut Pasteur) and Awa Aidara-Kane (World Health Organization).
5. Geographical Differences in Market Availability, Regulation and Use of Antimicrobial Products: Angelo A. Valois (Australian Government Department of Agriculture Fisheries and Forestry), Yuuko S. Endoh (Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF), Tokyo, Japan), Kornelia Grein (European Medicines Agency) and Linda Tollefson (US Food and Drug Administration).
6. Strategies to Minimize the Impact of Antimicrobial Treatment on the Selection of Resistant Bacteria: Peter Lees (Royal Veterinary College), Ove Svendsen (University of Copenhagen) and Camilla Wiuff (Health Protection Scotland).
7. Guidelines for Antimicrobial Use in Swine: David G. S. Burch (Octagon Services Ltd), C. Oliver Duran (Moss Veterinary Partners) and Frank M. Aarestrup (Technical University of Denmark).
8. Guidelines for Antimicrobial Use in Poultry: Ulrich Loehren (Lohmann & Co.), Antonia Ricci (Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie) and Timothy S. Cummings (Mississippi State University).
9. Guidelines for Antimicrobial Use in Ruminants: Peter D. Constable (Purdue University), Satu Pyörälä (University of Helsinki) and Geoffrey W. Smith (North Carolina State University).
10. Guidelines for Antimicrobial Use in Horses: J. Scott Weese (University of Guelph), Keith Edward Baptiste (University of Copenhagen), Viveca Baverud (National Veterinary Institute Sweden) and Pierre-Louis Toutain (Ecole Nationale Vétérinaire).
11. Guidelines for Antimicrobial Use in Dogs and Cats: Luca Guardabassi (University of Copenhagen), G. Houser (University of Copenhagen), L. A. Frank (University of Tennessee) and M. G. Papich (North Carolina State University).
12. Guidelines for Antimicrobial Use in Aquaculture: Peter R. Smith (National University of Ireland, Galway), Alain Le Breton (Fish Consultant), Tor Einar Horsberg (Norwegian School of Veterinary Science) and Flavio Corsin (Ministry of Fisheries, Vietnam).