An Introduction to Thermogeology: Ground Source Heating and Cooling
January 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
The author has geared the book towards understanding ground source heating and cooling from the ground side (the geological aspects), rather than solely the building aspects.
An Introduction to Thermogeology: Ground Source Heating & Cooling explains the science behind thermogeology and offers practical guidance on different design options.
- An Introduction
- Geothermal Energy
- The Subsurface as a Heat Storage Reservoir
- What is a Heat Pump?
- Heat Pumps and Thermogeology: A Brief History and International Perspective
- Options and Applications for Ground Source Heat Pumps
- The Design of Groundwater-based Open Loop Systems
- Horizontal Closed Loop Systems
- Pond and Lake-Based Ground Source Heat Systems
- Subsurface Heat Conduction and The Design of Borehole-Based Closed Loop Systems
- Standing Column Wells
- Thermal Response Testing
- Environmental Impact, Regulation and Subsidy
Symbols used in this Book.
Conversion of Units.