Environmental Physiology of Animals, 2nd Edition
March 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- Includes two brand new chapters on Nerves and Muscles and the Endocrine System.
- Includes both comparative systems physiology and environmental physiology.
- Analyses and integrates problems and adaptations for each kind of environment: marine, seashore and estuary, freshwater, terrestrial and parasitic.
- Examines mechanisms and responses beyond physiology.
- Applies an evolutionary perspective to the analysis of environmental adaptation.
- Provides modern molecular biology insights into the mechanistic basis of adaptation, and takes the level of analysis beyond the cell to the membrane, enzyme and gene.
- Incorporates more varied material from a wide range of animal types, with less of a focus purely on terrestrial reptiles, birds and mammals and rather more about the spectacularly successful strategies of invertebrates.