Lithic Materials and Paleolithic Societies
May 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
1. Raw materials and techno-economic behaviors at Oldowan and Acheulean sites in the West Turkana region, Kenya (Sonia Harmand).
2. Patterns of lithic material procurement and transformation during the Middle Paleolithic in western Europe (Liliane Meignen, Anne Delagnes, and Laurence Bourguignon).
3. Revisiting European Upper Paleolithic raw material transfers: the demise of the cultural ecological paradigm? (Jehanne Féblot-Augustins).
4. Raw materials for chipped stone artifacts: state of the art in the Carpathian Basin of central Europe (Kati Biró).
5. Upper Paleolithic toolstone procurement and selection across Beringia (Kelly Graf and Ted Goebel).
6. Reduction, recycling, and raw material procurement in western Arnhem Land, Australia (Peter Hiscock).
Part II: Technological and Assemblage Variability.
7. Paleolithic exploitation of rounded and sub-angular quartzites in the Indian Subcontinent (Parth Chauhan).
8. Filling the void: lithic raw material utilization during the Hungarian Gravettian (Viola Dobosi).
9. Technological efficiency as adaptive behavior among Paleolithic hunter-gatherers: evidence from la-Côte, Caminade Est, and le Flageolet I, France (Stephen Cole).
10. Trash: the structure of Great Basin Paleoarchaic debitage assemblages in western North America (Rebecca Kessler, Charlotte Beck, and George Jones).
Part III: Micro-landscape Perspectives.
11. Reconstructing landscape use and mobility in the Namibian Early Stone Age using operations analysis (Grant McCall).
12. Changing the face of the earth: human behavior at Sede Ilan, an extensive Lower-Middle Paleolithic quarry site in Israel (Ran Barkai and Avi Gopher).
13. Aurignacian core reduction and landscape utilization in the vicinity of la Ferrassie, France (Brooke Blades).
14. Obłazowa and Hłomcza: two Paleolithic sites in the North Carpartians Province of southern Poland (Pawel Valde-Nowak).
15. Raw material economy and technological organization at Solvieux, France (Linda Grimm and Todd Koetje).
Part IV: Hominid Cognition, Adaptation, and Cultural Chronology.
16. Inferring aspects of Acheulean sociality and cognition from biface technology in the Hunsgi-Baichbal valley of India (Ceri Shipton, Michael Petraglia, and K. Paddayya).
17. Quina procurement and tool production (Peter Hiscock, Alain Turq, Jean-Philippe Faivre, and Laurence Bouguignon).
18. The impact of lithic raw material quality and post-depositional processes on cultural/chronological classification: the Hungarian Szeletian case (Brian Adams).
19. Raw material durability, function, and retouch in the Upper Paleolithic of the Transbaikal region (Karisa Terry, William Andrefsky, and Mikhail Konstantinov).
20. Clovis and Dalton: unbounded and bounded systems in the Midcontinent of North America (Brad Koldehoff and Thomas Loebel).