Advanced Genetic Analysis: Finding Meaning in a Genome
May 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Advanced Genetic Analysis brings a state-of-the-art, exciting new approach to genetic analysis. Focusing on the underlying principles of modern genetic analysis, this book provides the 'how' and 'why' of the essential analytical tools needed. The author's vibrant, accessible style provides an easy guide to difficult genetic concepts, from mutation and gene function to gene mapping and chromosome segregation. Throughout, a balanced range of model organisms and timely examples are used to illustrate the theoretical basics.
- Basic principles - Focuses students attention on the 'how' and 'why' of the essential analytical tools.
- Vibrant, accessible style provides an easy guide through difficult genetic concepts and techniques.
- Text boxes highlight key questions and timely examples.
- Boxes of key information in each chapter, chapter summaries and extensive references - prompt the student to synthesise and reinforce the chapter material.
- Special reference section addressing a range of model organisms to help provide a particularly relevant context for students' research interests.