The Diversity of Living Organisms
July 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
PART I: SUPERKINGDOM PROKARYA.
1. Kingdom Bacteria (M.J. Chapman, L. Margulis, D. Sagan).
PART II: SUPERKINGDOM EUKARYA.
2. Kingdom Protoctista (M.J. Chapman, L. Margulis, D. Sagan).
3. Kingdom Fungi (K.A. Pirozynski).
4. Kingdom Plantae (A. Hemsley).
5. Kingdom Animalia (R.S.K. Barnes).
6. Further Sources of Information.
Index to Groups of Organisms.
- Essential reference for anyone connected with life science study or research.
- Provides a succinct overview of the five kingdoms.
- Contributions from key figures in the field (including Lynn Margulis, author of the best selling Five Kingdoms).
- Profusely illustrated account of all known groups of living organisms down to the taxonomic level of class, with the various component orders listed but not described.
- Standard structure makes it very easy to understand taxonomic relationships.
- Full taxon index allowing reference to all levels included in the phylum trees.
- Emphasis placed on clarity and brevity to produce a readable, user-friendly text.