Fundamentals of Aquatic Ecology, 2nd Edition
July 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
- A totally re-written and rejuvenated edition of an established student text.
- Synthesizes both marine and freshwater ecology.
- Covers both ecosystem ecology and population biology.
- In depth consideration of man's impact on the aquatic environment.
Part 1: Introduction.
1. Organisms and Ecosystems (K.H. Mann).
Part 2: Aquatic Ecosystems.
2. Ecology of Water columns (I . Valiela).
3. Ecology of Coastal Ecosystems (I. Valiela).
4. Ecology of Deep-Water Zones (B.T. Hargrave).
5. Lakes and Oceans as Functional Who9les (D.W. Schindler).
6. Aquatic Ecosystems and Global Ecology (D.W. Schindler).
Part 3: Aquatic Individuals and Communities.
7. Community Organization in Marine and Freshwater Environments (C.R. Townsend).
8. Reproduction, Life Histories and Dispersal, (R.S.K. Barnes).
9. Speciation and Biogeography. (J.H.R. Gee).
10. Specialist Aquatic Feeding Mechanism (J.H.R. Gee).
Part 4: Habitat Types Peculiar to Aquatic Systems.
11. Reefs (R.N. Hughes).
12. Streams and Rivers: One-Way Flow Systems (M.J. Winterbourn and C.R. Townsend).
Part 5: Human Effects.
13. Impacts of Man's Activities on Aquatic Systems (B.T. Hargrave).