Herbicides and Plant Physiology, 2nd Edition
June 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
This expanded and fully revised second edition of Herbicides and Plant Physiology provides a comprehensive and up-to-date account of how modern herbicides interact with target plants, and how they are used to manage crop production. In addition, the text:
- Provides a current account of the importance of weeds to crop yield and quality;
- Describes how new herbicides are discovered and developed;
- Examines precise sites of herbicide action and mechanisms of herbicide selectivity and resistance;
- Reviews commercial and biotechnological applications, including genetically engineered herbicide resistance in crops;
- Suggests new areas for future herbicide development;
- Includes many specially prepared illustrations.
As a summary of diverse research information, this second edition of Herbicides and Plant Physiology is a valuable reference for students and researchers in plant physiology, crop production/protection, plant biochemistry, biotechnology and agriculture. All libraries in universities, agricultural colleges and research establishments where these subjects are studied and taught will need copies of this excellent book on their shelves.