Principles of Linguistic Change, 3 Volume Set
November 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
Written by the world-renowned pioneer in the field of modern sociolinguistics, this three-volume set examines the historical, social, cognitive, and cultural factors responsible for linguistic change.
- Presents the results of several decades of inquiry into the social origins and motivation of linguistic change
- Develops the general principles of linguistic change that form the foundations of historical linguistics, dialectology and sociolinguistics
- Includes the first complete report on the Philadelphia project designed to establish the social location of the leaders of linguistic change
- Documents the rapid changes in progress in the cities of America and England
- A newly-complete trilogy that has shaped the course of variationist sociolinguistic inquiry
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Principles of Linguistic Change, 3 Volume Set (US $139.95)
-and- Intercultural Communication: A Discourse Approach, 3rd Edition (US $50.95)
Total List Price: US $190.90
Discounted Price: US $143.17 (Save: US $47.73)