Cycling - Philosophy for Everyone: A Philosophical Tour de Force
August 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Covering interesting and varied philosophical terrain, Cycling - Philosophy for Everyone explores in a fun but critical way the rich philosophical, cultural, and existential experiences that arise when two wheels are propelled by human energy.
- Incorporates or reflects the views of high-profile and notable past-professional cyclists and insiders such as Lennard Zinn, Scott Tinley, and Lance Armstrong
- Features contributions from the areas of cultural studies, kinesiology, literature, and political science as well as from philosophers
- Includes enlightening essays on the varieties of the cycling experience, ranging from the ethical issues of success, women and cycling, environmental issues of commuting and the transformative potential of cycling for personal growth
- Shows how bicycling and philosophy create the perfect tandem
- Includes a foreword by Lennard Zinn, author and owner of Zinn Cycles Inc.