A Companion to Chinese Cinema
April 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
A Companion to Chinese Cinema is a collection of original essays written by experts in a range of disciplines that provide a comprehensive overview of the evolution and current state of Chinese cinema.
- Represents the most comprehensive coverage of Chinese cinema to date
- Applies a multidisciplinary approach that maps the expanding field of Chinese cinema in bold and definitive ways
- Draws attention to previously neglected areas such as diasporic filmmaking, independent documentary, film styles and techniques, queer aesthetics, star studies, film and other arts or media
- Features several chapters that explore China’s new market economy, government policy, and industry practice, placing the intricate relationship between film and politics in a historical and international context
- Includes overviews of Chinese film studies in Chinese and English publications