Chronic Pelvic Pain
April 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
Contributors. 1. Neurobiology of chronic pelvic pain (Jennifer Gunter).
2. The differential diagnosis of Chronic Pelvic Pain (Fred M. Howard).
3. Psychiatric causes of Chronic Pelvic Pain and impact of Chronic Pelvic Pain on psychological status (Alessandra Grazziotin).
4. Endometriosis: pathogenesis and management of pain (Jennifer L Kulp and A. Arici ).
5. Pelvic infections and Chronic Pelvic Pain (Nicole Paterson and John Jarrell).
6. The pelvic congestion syndrome (Aarti Umranikar and Ying Cheong).
7. Chronic Pelvic Pain and Adhesions (Michael P. Diamond, Manvinder Singh, and Elizabeth E. Puscheck).
8. Fibroids, adenomyosis, and chronic pelvic pain (David L. Olive).
9. Bladder Pain Syndrome and Other Urological Causes of Chronic Pelvic Pain (Daniela Wittmann and J. Quentin Clemens).
10. Chronic Pelvic Pain of enterocolic origin (Andrea J. Rapkin and Tevy Tith).
11. Musculoskeletal causes of Chronic Pelvic Pain ( Frank Tu, Colleen Fitzgerald, Sangeeta Senapati, and Kristen Pozolo).
12. Dyspareunia: causes and treatments (including vestibulodynia) (Marta Meana and Yitzchak M. Binik).
13. Management of Chronic Pelvic Pain in the adolescent woman
( L. Fedele, Giada Frontino and Stefano Bianchi).
14. Multidisciplinary management of Chronic Pelvic Pain without obvious pathology (Liza Marie Colimon, David Ashley Hill, and Georgine Lamvu ).
15. The role of definitive surgery in the management of Chronic Pelvic Pain and posthysterectomy pain (Brett A.H. Schultz and Tommaso Falcone).
16. Alternative treatments for Chronic Pelvic Pain (Cindy Farquhar).
"This book is written for gynaecologists as part of the
Gynaecology in Practice series, but is an
interesting and informative read for anyone involved in this complex topic. There are many potential
causes of chronic pelvic pain and this book provides help in identification and diagnosis. All forms of
treatment are covered, including a chapter on Alternative Treatments." (International Painful Bladder Foundation, 26 July 2011)