May 2012, ©2012
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Wiley E-Text
- Describes contemporary research using an accessible style which avoids unnecessary technical terminology.
- Reflects recent advances in the field, encompassing cognitive science, computational modelling, cross-linguistic research, and neuroimaging techniques.
- Describes language development in the context of human evolution, and situates the child in a social network that provides a richly structured language input.
- The instructor materials include PowerPoint slides, a test bank with multiple-choice and short essay questions, and ideas for student research projects.
- Each chapter addresses one problem and tells a coherent story.
- Methodology boxes introduce specific research methodologies relevant to the questions addressed in the chapters, and describe each methodology in an understandable manner.
- Key study boxes introduce studies relevant to specific questions in the chapters.