A Concise Companion to Realism
April 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
A Concise Companion to Realism offers an accessible introduction to realism as it has evolved since the 19th century. Though focused on literature and literary theory, the significance of technology and the visual arts is also addressed.
- Comprises 17 newly-commissioned essays written by a distinguished group of contributors, including Slavoj Zizek, Frederic Jameson and Terry Eagleton
- Provides the historical, cultural, intellectual, and literary contexts necessary to understand developments in realism
- Addresses the artistic mediums and technologies such as painting and film that have helped shape the way we perceive reality
- Explores literary and pictorial sub-genres, such as naturalism and socialist realism
- Includes a brief bibliography and suggestions for further reading at the end of each section