Concise Dictionary of Social and Cultural Anthropology
March 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Practical and accessible, this dictionary is designed to enlighten those newly engaged in anthropological study or seeking a quick guide to the field.
- Fills a need for a beginner’s pocket guide to the far-reaching and complex field of anthropology, including over 800 detailed entries and the intellectual background of terms
- Written in plain, jargon-free language, for readers without extensive background in the field
- Features brief, conceptual definitions of terms, bibliographical references to anthropological classics, related works for background reading and further research
- The user-friendly format includes bold terms featured elsewhere in the book, extensive cross-references, and indexes of names, peoples, places and subjects
- Incorporates related terminology from allied fields such as sociology, economics and geography