The State Trial of Doctor Henry Sacheverell
November 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This work offers a critical edition of original texts and documents necessary for understanding the trial’s significance. By consolidating all accounts of the trial, scholars are able to consult and compare these accounts in a readily accessible volume.
- Presents critical editions of several manuscripts relating to this celebrated ‘state trial’
- Demonstrates that the often cited and printed account of the trial by Jacob Tonson was incomplete and often regarded by contemporaries as a partisan production
- Extensively illustrated with rare prints and drawings - most existing in only one copy and never before reproduced
- Documents the intense interest of contemporary readers in the meaning of the trial and presents transcripts and illustrations of their annotations
- Allow scholars to consult and compare the varying accounts of the trial in a readily accessible volume
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The State Trial of Doctor Henry Sacheverell (US $49.99)
Total List Price: US $84.94
Discounted Price: US $63.70 (Save: US $21.24)