A Companion to Early Cinema
July 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- First collection of its kind to offer in one reference: original theory, new research, and reviews of existing studies in the field
- Features over 30 original essays from some of the leading scholars in early cinema and Film Studies, including Tom Gunning, Jane Gaines, Richard Abel, Thomas Elsaesser, and André Gaudreault
- Caters to renewed interest in film studies’ historical methods, with strict analysis of multiple and competing sources, providing a critical re-contextualization of films, printed material and technologies
- Covers a range of topics in early cinema, such as exhibition, promotion, industry, pre-cinema, and film criticism
- Broaches the latest research on the subject of archival practices, important particularly in the current digital context
Buy Both and Save 25%!
A Companion to Early Cinema (US $195.00)
-and- Hollywood Film 1963-1976: Years of Revolution and Reaction (US $109.95)
Total List Price: US $304.95
Discounted Price: US $228.71 (Save: US $76.24)