Insects and Wildlife: Arthropods and their Relationships with Wild Vertebrate Animals
March 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
- the importance of insects as food items for vertebrate animals;
- the role of arthropods as determinants of ecosystem health and productivity;
- the ability of arthropods to transmit disease-causing agents;
- an overview of representative disease-causing agents transmitted by arthropods;
- arthropods as pests and parasites of vertebrates;
- the hazards to wildlife associated with using using pesticides to protect against insect damage;
- insect management using techniques other than pesticides;
- the importance of insect conservation and how insects influence wildlife conservation.
SECTION 1: INTRODUCTION TO THE ARTHROPODS.
CHAPTER 1 INSECTS AND THEIR RELATIVES.
CHAPTER 2 STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF INSECTS.
SECTION 2: FOOD RELATIONSHIPS.
CHAPTER 3 FOOD RESOURCES FOR WILDLIFE.
CHAPTER 4 WILDLIFE DIETS.
CHAPTER 5 INSECTS IMPORTANT AS FOOD FOR WILDLIFE.
CHAPTER 6 INSECTS AND ECOSYSTEMS.
SECTION 3: ARTHROPODS AS DISEASE VECTORS AND PESTS.
CHAPTER 7 TRANSMISSION OF DISEASE AGENTS TO WILDLIFE BY ARTHROPODS.
CHAPTER 8 INFECTIOUS DISEASE AGENTS TRANSMITTED TO WILDLIFE BY ARTHROPODS.
CHAPTER 9 PARASITIC DISEASE AGENTS TRANSMITTED TO WILDLIFE BY ARTHROPODS.
CHAPTER 10 ARTHROPODS AS PARASITES OF WILDLIFE.
SECTION 4: PEST MANAGEMENT AND ITS EFFECTS ON WILDLIFE.
CHAPTER 11 PESTICIDES AND THEIR EFFECTS ON WILDLIFE.
CHAPTER 12 ALTERNATIVES TO INSECTICIDES.
SECTION 5: CONSERVATION ISSUES.
CHAPTER 13 INSECT–WILDLIFE RELATIONSHIPS.
CHAPTER 14 INSECT AND WILDLIFE CONSERVATION.
Insects and Wildlife: Arthropods and their Relationships with Wild Vertebrate Animals (US $175.95)
-and- The Insects: An Outline of Entomology, 4th Edition (US $113.95)
Total List Price: US $289.90
Discounted Price: US $217.42 (Save: US $72.48)