Philosophy of Mind: A Comprehensive Introduction
May 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Philosophy of Mind introduces readers to one of the liveliest fields in contemporary philosophy by discussing mind-body problems and the various solutions to them. It provides a detailed yet balanced overview of the entire field that enables readers to jump immediately into current debates.
- Treats a wide range of mind-body theories and arguments in a fair and balanced way
- Shows how developments in neuroscience, biology, psychology, and cognitive science have impacted mind-body debates
- Premise-by-premise arguments for and against each position enable readers to grasp the structure of each argument quickly and easily
- Diagrams and illustrations help readers absorb the more complex ideas
- Bibliographic essays at the end of each chapter bring readers up to date on the latest literature
- Written in a clear, easy to read style that is free of technical jargon, and highly accessible to a broad readership
- The only book to explain systematically how a hylomorphic theory such as Aristotle’s can contribute to current mind-body debates and vie with current mind-body theories
- Online chapters on free will and the philosophy of persons make the book a flexible teaching tool for general and introductory philosophy courses - available at www.wiley.com/go/jaworski
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Philosophy of Mind: A Comprehensive Introduction (US $109.95)
Total List Price: US $143.90
Discounted Price: US $107.92 (Save: US $35.98)