Archeological Papers of the American Anthropological Association, Number 17, Rethinking Craft Specialization in Complex Societies: Archaeological Analyses of the Social Meaning of Production
March 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
2. In Craft Specialization's Penumbra: Things, Persons, Action, Value, and Surplus (John E. Clark).
3. Associations and Ideologies in the Locations of Urban Craft Production at Harappa, Pakistan (Indus Civilization) (Heather M.-L. Miller).
4. Context and Meaning in Late Neolithic Lithic Production in China: The Longshan Period in Southeastern Shandong Province (Gwen P. Bennett).
5. Ritualized Chipped-Stone Production at Piedras Negras, Guatemala (Zachary X. Hruby).
6. The Theatrics of Technology: Consuming Obsidian in the Early Cycladic Burial Arena (Tristan Carter).
7. Rethinking the Context of Production through an Archaeological Study of Ancient Salt Production in the Sichuan Basin, China (Rowan K. Flad).
8. Knowledge and Belief in Artistic Production by Classic Maya Elites (Takeshi Inomata).
9. Thinking about Production: Phenomenological Classification and Lexical Semantics (Cathy Lynne Costin).
10. Production as Social Process (Julia A. Hendon).
11. Specialization, Context of Production, and Alienation in the Production Process: Comments and Afterthoughts (Yung-ti Li).
12. On "Rethinking" Craft Specialization: Responses by the Authors (Zachary X. Hruby, Rowan K. Flad, John E. Clark, Takeshi Inomata, and Heather M.-L. Miller).
List of Contributors.
Rowan K. Flad is an Assistant Professor of Anthropology at Harvard University. He received his Ph.D. from the Interdisciplinary Program in Archaeology at UCLA in 2004. His research concerns the emergence of complex societies in East Asia and his fieldwork focuses on the Three Gorges and Sichuan Basin of southwestern China.
Archeological Papers of the American Anthropological Association, Number 17, Rethinking Craft Specialization in Complex Societies: Archaeological Analyses of the Social Meaning of Production (US $39.95)
-and- Beyond Belief: The Archaeology of Religion and Ritual (US $32.95)
Total List Price: US $72.90
Discounted Price: US $54.67 (Save: US $18.23)